I’ve been holding onto these for some reason, but have no intention of using on my project.
Beautifully run in to remove any stainless ‘ringing’ :p
I think you’d part with the best part of £300 from Wadhams for a non run in set ;)
I’m unsure on Wins pricing but i’d imagine a fair bit...
Nah I think we all agree that the polished stainless contrasting with the rust just looks so good. It’s gonna be loud, but probably not a very nice loud lol.
We may try fitting a spark plug to ignite the fumes but not sure how impressive they’d be..
Yep lol. All
I’m concerned with is making it better looking, ie real, and more functional. Some of it remains “original”. The four cylinder Landrover engine for example, much to my disappointment, it really needs a choppy V8..
Speaking of the engine, today we finished these beauties, what a...
Much progress today.
Domed sliding engine cover and fixed rear cover are finished and fitted.
We’ve also finished replicating the upper wheel in steel. I’ve been getting a good workout rolling the 25mm square box. Two rings form the rim.
It’s certainly getting the patina the owner wants with...
Ah good. It’s another walkway but originally had a spinning fake auger boring head on the end.
Apart from the old trolley jack design that I doubt ever really lifted it, they had a winch which sent the boom forwards. Backwards didn’t really work and you had to have someone stamping on it and...
Progress is still being made on this. Weather has forced us to be inside mostly fabricating bits on the bench to bolt or weld on.
This has a low rpm high torque motor to spin an independent wheel up top, that has also been remade in steel, with the exception of the rolled outer ring which will...
Rear axle back in today along with the air suspension. Couldn’t test yet unfortunately as one compression nut was missing in the set, will have to wait until tomorrow.
Once it’s back on it’s wheels we can measure for a new longer travel shock.
Since the weather is remaining so good we decided to start our week early today, nice and productive it was too.
Hydraulic ram, pump and fuel tank all mounted. Battery tray for 2 batteries fabricated and the driver side sheeted in a mix of perforated for vision around the driver, and solid sheet.
Definitely Rob, but it sure is fun day job work.
I finally painted the chassis and supporting framework today. So many surfaces o_O
Control box almost complete, exposed IP rated hydraulic switches for raising the crane arm easily accessed when standing at the rear, and all other controls...
But of a dirty day of bare metalling the chassis for paint, but also some bits fabricated.
Here’s the frame for the new control box. This will get sheeted tomorrow in a mix of perforated and standard steel and will house controls for hydraulic pump and air suspension, along with a fuel gauge...
Well in that case:D
This lighter weight version is now bolt on to give better access for engine work etc
Waiting on some new roller dies to do the curved sections.
Getting into the exciting upgrades now too.
Axle prepped for air suspension. We’re using a universal kit sold for Fiat...